Friday, March 27, 2009

Earth Hour

I am an outspoken advocate for the planet Earth, and watching Edward Norton plead for my participation during Earth Hour on Saturday, I am going to spring into action. I care so much about this planet; I am going to make Earth Hour into Earth Day. To support struggling utility companies in British Columbia, I am going to keep all my lights on all day. To support our struggling forestry industry, an industry dependent on resources grown from the Earth, I am going to plan a trip to Staples to buy large bundles of paper and then burn them. As I am very concerned by the recent cooling trend displayed throughout the world the past ten years, I consider it my duty to accelerate greenhouse gas induced global warming as much as is humanly possibly. I have planned a trip to drive up and down the Sunshine Coast in my car, perhaps stopping at a camp ground to stretch my legs. Don't worry; I will leave my car running because the planet needs me. Then by the late afternoon, when everyone else is shutting off the power, I will be drafting my fantasy baseball team in an online draft, while watching TV, listening to music, with the thermostat cranked to the max setting, and all the lights on. Maybe I'll also have the oven on all day cooking a roast. All I know is that I want to do my part to help the planet, and help the industries in my home province that are struggling to survive in a severe economic downturn!

Happy Earth Day!

1 comment:

  1. I don't plan on changing a thing that I do on Earth Day. I will still eat warm food, drink coffee, drive to the grocery store, do laundry, and vacuum per usual. Its just another day folks. I've paid for that energy and I choose to continue my personal usage of carbon. I will not huddle in a dark room surrounded by candles, singing campfire songs and discussing the weather with my family. I plan on watching a trashy chick flick this evening, sipping a glass of white wine and crying about lost love.

    ReplyDelete