Monday, September 28, 2009

Ignatieff in Question Period

I would like to take a short timeout from hockey forecasting (my own "quest for fire"), and offer a quick opinion. I was working on the computer listening to music with the TV set to CBC Newsworld on mute. I glance over at the muted television to see Michael Ignatieff playing his "no more Mr nice guy" routine in the House of Commons. As a commentator, let me offer my professional opinion; Iggy looks really goofy when he is acting out his "no more Mr nice guy" part. His facial expressions become more exaggerated, he very much appears to be over-acting, and it becomes even clearer when you are watching him in mute. Listen, I was a B+ student in high school drama class. I can differentiate bad acting from sincerity. Remember at that Liberal caucus camping trip up in Sudbury when he "profoundly" stated "we CAN do BETTER!!!" I imagine that most normal, pragmatic people watched him speak those words and thought "that was just weird..."

Anyway, I want to finish updating my 2010 NHL forecasts before the end of the day. I will post them on my site later on for the hockey pool benefit of my modest readership. I need to reward my dozens of fans for their clicks with some form of actionable NHL predictions that can be used in office pools near you. Trust me, I am really good at this. My "quest for fire" began when I was 9 years old, in high school I won a silver medal in the computer science division of our district Science Fair for my project "Predicting NHL Scoring Outcomes", oh and I hold an honours degree in Mathematical Economics.

6 comments:

  1. This is sadly what Ignatieff belives:

    "Nothing is personal in politics, because politics is theater. It is part of the job to pretend to have emotions that you do not actually feel. It is a common spectacle in legislatures for representatives to insult one another in the chamber and then retreat for a drink in the bar afterward. This saving hypocrisy of public life is not available in private life. There we play for keeps."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moral of the story is that everytime you see Iggy on television speaking, hit mute and watch him make an ass of himself. Keannu Reaves thinks that is bad acting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell he is really lying when he almost completely closes his eyes when he talks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost as bad as Paul Martin's "I love Canada" routine. Enough to make you puke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is now #1 for page views since I signed up with Stat tracker last week. 100 more hits than "the little Liberal who cried NATIONAL UNITY CRISIS".

    ...for those of you keeping score at home, of which I may be the only one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really thought that I was on to something with my allegory between the little boy who cried wolf and Mike's National Unity Crisies. Evidently my observation that he looked goofy in question period if you watched him on mute was that much more popular.

    ReplyDelete