Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The "Lost" Czar and the French

Ironically it was not until after this Coderre insurrection happened that I began to remember how much Ignatieff adores his own Russian roots. He has studied his own family tree more than a Mormon on "speed". He loves his Czarist ancestry. Again with the irony; at University I minored in History because "those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it" right? I took a course in the History of France: Revolution to De Gaul. My term paper was titled "Scorched Earth: Napoleon's failed invasion of Russia." I earned an A+.

I of all people should have seen the parallels. I'm sorry that I didn't see this yesterday. Those Czarist ancestors that Iggy loves so much were mortal enemies of the French and ended the French Golden Age by innovating a "scorched earth" policy. Is that not what he's doing right now? He is obsessed with what his grandparents did, how can that not seep into his political strategy? I'm just saying...

I would direct you to my post True Patriot Abandonment...I think it is some of my best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment