Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Comment Moderation

Today I was forced to change my settings to include moderating the comment portion of my page. One goofball was spouting off borderline slander on a few different pages, and I got tired of following him around deleting his crap. Isn't it ironic that within a day of launching a web poll on the worst CBC employee that included Heather Mallick, suddenly my site was targeted for character assassination? I will still allow for anonymous posts that require no personal information, but I have to run it through a filter first. I looked up the particular blogger who had initiated the attacks against me, and he has a long rap sheet. What he does is simple character assassination with no scholarly debate, and he has a cadre of followers who follow behind doing the same thing. I bet he is well known in the Blogging Tory universe, but I will not repeat his name because I will not lend any promotion to his site at all.

That's not why I started blogging, to have loony toons posting nothing but petty name calling. My parents read my blog okay. I will continue to welcome Liberal opinion, but please keep it within the realm of decency. To my other readers, if you would like to send me comments, opinion, or ideas that you don't want posted, just send a comment that starts with "do not publish" and I won't publish it.

7 comments:

  1. I told you trolls were next, welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, oh man.

    Sparkes the Magic Retard is positively apoplectic that you would delete any of his comments -- or in this case, refuse to publish them.

    Let them bawl about it to high heaven. They're a-OK when their lord and master deletes comments simply because he doesn't like the truth being spoken. Hypocrites one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you would ever need to know about Robert Peter John Day, but never gave enough of a shit to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trolls are the bane of forums and blogs. Their brains are perhaps not fully developed.

    I like your blog, Iceman. You keep it interesting with news, opinion and polls. Don't let the turkeys get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They may be trolling as other sites have gone to moderation lately or banning specific serial abusers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is terrific. I enjoy reading it. Stay the course and don't put up with any shit. I like your approach. If you don't do what you are doing you will lose the readers who don't want to see troll crap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hilarious thing about that is that the very same trolls weep and moan in outrage if you show up on one of their blogs. Particularly if you're spanking them too hard.

    ReplyDelete