Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Daily Affirmations" with Mike Ignatieff

Coming soon to a high school near you, "Daily Affirmations" with Mike Ignatieff! When I watched that footage today, I had a flashback to my youth watching Senator Franken do that loony motivational speaker on Saturday Night Live. Do you think before Mike went out in front of that crowd that he looked into a mirror and said "I'm going to do a great speech today! Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonnit, people like me."

That's what I saw; phony sincerity poorly over-acted while trying to come across as mellow and normal. He regaled our youngsters with this story about working for Pierre Trudeau and having "big ideas" which them precipitated his leaving our country for 30 of his prime production years, only to return when he believed that the people of Canada needed his "big ideas". And yet, I have yet to see a policy platform. So then you have "big ideas" Mike, but you won't tell us what they are? That kind of sounds like...a hidden agenda. Oh, oh, we've seen that movie before!

We all know you’re “smart enough” Mike, early indicators suggest you aren’t “good enough”, and as Canada gets to know this “accidental tourist” (credit Adler), it seems as though they like him a little bit less with each passing day…”doggonnit!”

“To mothers and fathers throughout the land”, if you see Iggy coming to a school near you, have your little one take a sick day. There are a lot of germs out there. Best to play it safe.

See also: True Patriot Abandonment, Ignatieff's Failed Strategy, www.charlesadler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment