Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ignatieff says the Darndest Things...

What is the dumbest thing Mike Ignatieff has said since becoming leader of the Liberal Party? I am going to run this in a poll, but I would like to take suggestions before I start the poll. I have 4 active polls right now and would like to wait until the voting has closed on my best/worst Premier before I open "what is the dumbest thing Ignatieff has said on television as Liberal leader?"

The first two that jump out at me are "if you mess with me, I will mess with you until I'm done" (as one visitor suggested as a title for my possible book about Iggy called "Done"), and the other was in the immediate breaking of "Body Bag Gate" when he ostensibly accused the Government of preferring Natives die of flu rather than helping prevent them from becoming ill. Again, Iggy wanted to jump out in front of the story and frame the debate on yet another "false controversy", but he didn't wait until the facts were known and it made him look like an idiot.

So let's hear nominations for the darndest things Iggy has said...

6 comments:

  1. I have been thinking thought or Mr Harper YOUR TIME IS UP

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about - "If you mess with me, I will mess with you until I'm done." That has to be the clincher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a coaliton if neccessary, but not neccessarily a coalition."

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you poll "dumb" Ice - you should also poll "smart". The smartest thing Ignegative has said since returning to Canada was "we didn't get it done".

    Michael St Paul's

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Mr. Harper, your time is up"

    "I am not not losing sleep" over an Israeli bombing that killed dozens of civilians in the Lebanese village of Qana.

    "I was a professor of human rights, and I am also a professor of the laws of war, and what happened in Qana was a war crime, and I should have said that. That's clear."

    Anything he says regarding "torture"

    ReplyDelete