Monday, October 19, 2009

John Baird and Jim Flaherty are magnificent!

If I have not said it before, let me say it again, Baird and Flaherty are two of my favourite MPs in caucus. Stephen Harper embracing the "Harris refugees" was one of my principal reasons for endorsing the leadership of my Prime Minister. We need "Iron Mike" in the tent. I plead for Mike Harris to run against Anthony Rota in the next federal election. Where have you gone Mike, "Harris refugees" turn their lonely eyes to you...

5 comments:

  1. I still maintain that Baird in Question Period is Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there's no "napalm" in the House of Commons, but there certainly are other sources of smells less dignified. It's also true that our "heroes" often disappear (as Simon & Garfunkel's lamentation in Mrs. Robinson), just when we need them the most. Mike Harris was a common-sense revolutionary, and the administrator of "good medicine". That a remnant of this ideology is present within our PM's caucus maintains a sense of good value and accountability in current federal representation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think JB is closer to Bill Murry, funny, quick and genuine happy to watch/help his opponents driving off the cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite federal cabinet minister: Jason Kenney. No contest! The man is articulate, tough, smart and straight up.

    We need more like him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper's support for the "Harris refugees" is the primary reason why my CPC support is soft at best. Way too left wing for my liking. At bare minimum I want to see a classic Alberta Conservative in the finance position.

    ReplyDelete