Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ontario has to be missing Jimmy 3000

As I mentioned before, my new nickname for Finance Minister Jim Flaherty is "Jimmy 3000" because of the 3000 points the TSX has added since the Liberals demanded his resignation. Now as I turn on my television and see this Dwight Duncan clown explaining to people how he and Dalton are destroying Ontario, it begs the question how much better the province would be doing if Jimmy 3000 returned to his old post? Yes, Jimmy 3000 running the books in Ottawa might be the only thing keeping the Titanic from sinking into the abyss, but the two stooges Dwight and Dalton are doing their best to scuttle the ship. Whatever happened to "Common Sense"?

I am one of the "McGuinty refugees" who fled the province for the prosperous west when Dalton ascended to power. I don't know if I will ever be able to return to my home...

"Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience."

-Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. I returned home to Onterrible, and I'm half-regretting it (Only doing it for the sake of family, and after I do what's needed, it's time to head west yet again).

    The oncoming HST that people are dreading - if you're lucky, you ONLY pay 5% GST on items you buy, but some really big ticket items like buying a home, to dying and getting a funeral will cost significantly more than the already confiscatory and punitive rates levied on anything bought and consumed already.

    And the job market, the prospects, the mood here in the north... it's not TERRIBLE, but it's still somber, and stagnant, just as it was four years ago when I left for parts west, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight is a Windsor boy and former city councillor, why is anyone surprised at his complete failure as minister of fianance.

    ReplyDelete