Friday, October 23, 2009

Tough Day in the Markets

My FP Stockmarket Challenge portfolio took a hit today in what was a bad day for equity securities across the board. From what I can best judge from my perch, today's activity was driven by a sell off of resource futures. Speculation of a gold bubble is rampant, and some traders may be cashing out their bets believing that they are selling high. If more people are selling than buying, the market comes down. I remain bullish on Canadian resources in my 5 year outlook. My darling Potash Corp of Saskatchewan had a bad day. Ironic, that the value of POT was diminished on the very day Ross Rebougliati announced his Liberal candidacy. In defense of POT, it was dragged down by osmosis with Agrium. My support of POT is based on long term supply and demand projections of this precious resource, not short term variation. Potash Corp of Saskatchewan...

My day was not a complete loss. All the stocks in my portfolio declined except for one, Microsoft! On Thursday at 1am Pacific time the Iceman posts. On Friday the New York Times reports.

I am and always will be a PC. I loathe the Macintosh. My IPod gets immunity because he interfaces with my PC. I'll take Gates over Jobs seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. you were not the only one. From the top 400, I am now in the bottom 1000.
    MariaS

    ReplyDelete