Saturday, October 17, 2009

Who is the worst Premier in modern Canadian Confederation?

To my dozens and dozens of fans, I have a new web poll. Who is the worst Premier in modern Canadian Confederation? I'm sure there are some people who deserved to be on this list and aren't, but 10 is a lot to choose from. These were chosen for no other reason than they were the first 10 names that I associated with worst premier. I nearly forgot Vanderzaam.

Allow me to make my case for each of the nominees.

Richard Hatfield - I just finished writing a post that included the words "the folly of Richard Hatfield."

Bob Rae - He earned my vote. As far as colossal failures are concerned, this is the Chernobyl of the group. Bob was terrible with the reigns of power.

Glenn Clark - If you lived in Clark's British Columbia, it is hard not to vote for him. I have often wrote of the "Fast Ferries", as arguably the worst fiscal fiasco in the history of Confederation. Take the Bricklin and multiply it by 500.

Dalton McGuinty - He was the runner up for my vote. Dalton McGuinty is a buffoon.

Ernie Eaves - He fumbled the baton.

Ed Stelmach - I think Ezra Levant is writing about Steady Eddy being the worst Premier in the history of Alberta.

Gordon Campbell - I did write...

Jaques Parizeau - Should get a lot of votes. He gave that terrible speech when he lost the referendum.

Danny Williams - I can't stand this man. I don't care what you extorted from Paul Martin, New Foundland does not deserve a better deal than everyone else. I lost my job and went on EI. Then I got a new job and stopped collecting EI. End of story. The chicken hawk routine is getting very tiresome in the rest of the country.

Bill Vanderzaam - He completely destroyed a political dynasty. The Social Credit Party died with Wild Bill...

Mike Harris and Ralph Klein are magnificent, and thus are not eligible for nomination in this unscientific poll.

6 comments:

  1. Bob Rae is the worse! Under his regime I opened my business and his agents came in with his mandate under their arms.
    Affirmative Action on steroids, they demand I have a visible minority in the front and the back of my business.
    They brought in a pararde of Somali refugees, I had no problem as I am a son of a refugee.
    Two female cousins came to work and they were wonderful.One relocated to another city, the one who stayed within three months dropped her traditional to that all purpose black miniskirt.......hotter than Iman.
    The next group of people they pararded through were residents of a halfway house, the fellow I had forced upon me had a Swaztika tattooed between his brows. Yeah, a Charles Manson, luckily mmy staff chased him out.
    The agents them swet appoints with my staff at my expense during my peak time locking the doors denying my customers enterance. The agents informed my staff on "Worker's Rights" .
    When chairman Bob was defeated by Iron Mike the agents returned to my establishment with letters requesting my signature to secure their jobs.
    Gleefully, I showed them the door now that Iron Mike was in power.........got once serious hamgover celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean Charest, should have been on there before a couple of others.
    He has perpetrated and encouraged the Quebec nanny state and national divisiveness more than anyone else including Duceppe. At least the Bloc leader is up front and honest about his intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many bad ones to pick from!!! LOL

    My choice for best premier would be Ernest Manning. 30 years of rationing pencils and paper to his cabinet ministers and preaching on the radio every week. What's not to admire?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my mispelling of Danne Williams. Unintended comedy, and I can't go back and edit it once it has begun. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean Charest, good choice. I have to say Robert Bourassa by failing to sign the Victoria Accord singlehandedly doomed us all to the perpetual constitutional crisis and Quebec blackmail we have known for so long.

    ReplyDelete