Friday, October 23, 2009

With the 1st pick in the 2010 entry draft, the Boston Bruins (c/o Toronto) select Taylor Hall

With the Toronto Maple Leafs standing alone as the last winless team, it is fantastic that they traded their first round pick to Boston! Last season when Tavares and Hedman were available, the Leafs couldn't suck enough to get a top 5 pick. Brian Burke tried his hardest to shed talent from his roster last season, but with Ponikarovsky et all playing with the strength of ten ordinary men down the stretch, they finished 7th from last. When they acquired Kessel for the draft picks, my friend immediately attempted to convince me that the Leafs had a chance at making the playoffs this season, to which my response was to reflexively spit out my mouth full of water all over his kitchen floor. It was an accident, and I did clean it up.

I will be watching in ecstasy this season as the Leafs drown in futility to the benefit of the Boston Bruins. Having said that, I did buy a Sportsaction ticket today where I picked Toronto to defeat Vancouver.

4 comments:

  1. Last but nobody will push them around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The team is bad. I said they where bad in the pre-season when they looked good against c-caliber line-ups. Now they make me look like a sage.

    I'm torn up inside as I write this wearing a 18 year old... umm sweater with my Maple Leaf logo on front while doing housework. My glorious TML suck... again.

    This too I blame on the Liberals.

    After all, Ken Dryden was poached from our staff to the LPC. There must be a link.

    I don't even watch them, but I still love them. How irrational is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise I will think of you after every Leaf victory takes you furthur away from the picks you desire.

    Please state your favourite team so I can gloat when my underachievers beat your squad.

    C'mon ..ecxtasy can be shared..!

    Kursk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kursk, it is well documented in my archives that I am a Red Wings fan. Go to my Blog Search and type Red Wings. They have certainly underachieved with 4 Cups in the last 12 years and back to back finals appearances. Yes, you Leaf fans will certainly be able to gloat to me when the Leafs beat the Minnesota Wild, assuming that they win a game this season.

    Oh, and thank you for Larry Murphy! That really put us over the top! I was on my knees in front of the TV crying tears of joy when Yzerman hoisted "the Cup that Larry built"

    See:

    http://pragmatictory.blogspot.com/2009/09/diagnosing-larry-murphy-syndrome.html

    ReplyDelete