Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I like it when Bob Rae is angry

I just saw Bob Rae in Question Period, and he looked mighty pissed off. I did not turn the sound on because frankly I don't care what he says anymore. What I do know is that I disagree with Bob Rae about 85% of the time, and if I see him sitting in opposition smoking mad, this signals to me that the government has done something good and should continue. You see, people like Bob Rae can serve a useful purpose in elected office as a canary in the coal mine. If he is singing, we know that all is well. Keep up the great work Mr. MacKay! A great way to succeed in life is to always do the opposite of what Bob Rae wants you to do.

As an aside, I have not rejected any comments since I posted my response to Raging Tory's blog about me. I will not be moderating any comments until after my vacation celebration. I am assuming that there are personal attacks against my person, and as I am preparing for my imminent departure to Salt Lake City, I'd rather not have anyone shit on my picnic. I am heading into the land of the Mormons to have a great time and celebrate my birth. The personal attacks will have to wait for another day, but I am not deleting them. Mr Raging Tory has excited some of the Liberal bloggers by choosing to start a feud with me for having an opinion different from his own on Sarah Palin. I don't do feuds. I remember Biggie and Tupac, and they are both gunned down at the end of that story. Feuds distract attention away from where attention is warranted, the world and the people running it. Note that the people directed to my site by the Chief asshole of the Liberal Blogosphere voted for Sarah Palin in my webpoll. Do you not find it curious that they also want Sarah Palin on the 2012 ticket?

I am going on vacation where I am going to have a good time and enjoy myself.

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again (my vacation will be one week in duration)
Oh babe, I hate to go

There's so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now, they don't mean a thing
Every place I go, I'll think of you
Every song I sing, I'll sing for you
When I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring

Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won't have to leave alone
About the times, I won't have to say

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time in Utah, Iceman. You run a bang-up site, and dish out some of the best stuff, controversial or not. You convey what you see and stimulate further thought and debate. I agree that personal attacks should be out-of-bounds, but I find the slight in-fightings entertaining and enlightening. You're part of a great host of bloggers collectively doing a noble job for enhancing sound representation by decent government. Thanks again for another great view of Palin. We'll have to crop out the young redneck in behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rae, he was ranting about it taking the govt 18 months to act on the allegations of torture and abuse of Afghan detainees.

    But his math is very poor, which could explain why he ruined Ontarios economy.

    Anyways, Colvin started his penpal thing in May 2006, the Harper govt signed new prisoner protection agreement in may 2007,
    hardly 18 months eh.

    ReplyDelete