Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thank you Charles Adler

I don't know if Raging Tory listened to the Charles Adler Show tonight, but he briefly touched on the Palin subject. I listen to the show every day that I am near a radio on CKNW Newstalk 980 in Vancouver at 7pm Pacific. Interestingly enough, "the Boss of Talk" stated his belief that Conservatives who are speaking about Palin as a serious candidate are making Conservatives look bad. Hmmmm, I thought the premise of Raging Tory's attack on me was that I was making Conservatives look bad by saying that she is not qualified to be President of the United States? A full 9% of Americans endorse a Palin Presidency, and with that kind of super majority, victory is all but certain. Who honestly wants a pitbull like Giuliani to hunt down Bin Laden?

As an aside, I have experienced a remarkable increase in web traffic since this dust with RT began. But my single day record of 6000 hits (c/o Charles Adler directing listeners to my site) still stands. I only did 2500 hits today. Originally I was going to ignore it like I do when Liberals attack, but something bothered me about what Raging Tory was trying to accomplish by starting this fight. Look at the timeline, I wrote a story about Palin not being qualified for office and RT teed off on my comment section. Then, at 3am Pacific Time he decided to write his own blog piece attacking me personally in the title where he essentially wrote an obituary for my Blogging career. Rumours of my demise were a little premature. One could even say more premature than a teenage boy sleeping over at the Palin house...

I posted my response and was going to walk away. He essentially tried to bully me into not criticizing Sarah Palin, and I don't appreciate someone on the far right dictating my subject matter. So I steered into the slide and ran with it. Raging Tory is the one making Conservatives look bad. I am concerned with appealing to the center, and he wants to shift the entire paradigm to the right. He kept repeating on my message board that I was making him look bad because he advocates a Palin Presidency. That's what really pissed off the Hoff.

Today's post was brought to you by Tom Petty...

"Well I know what's right, I got just one life in a world that keeps on pushin me around, but I'll stand my ground, and I won't back down"

No comments:

Post a Comment