Saturday, December 26, 2009

Best Athletes of the 2000's

Who is the best athlete of this past decade? I split it up into 2 polls, one for hockey and one for the rest of sports (excluding soccer which I don't know anything about). According to the associated press, Tiger Woods was the most successful athlete of the decade, and according to Puck Daddy Nick Lidstrom is the top hockey player over that same span. Crosby and Ovechkin have been the best players of the second half of this decade, but does half a decade of success warrant player of the decade? I voted for Lidstrom, who had six Norris trophies, 2 Stanley Cups, and was plus 232 playing 28 minutes a night against the other team's best players. I would rate Martin Brodeur #2 on my list.

I will be shifting my theme from Christmas to decade awards, so I will be accepting feedback on poll questions and suggestions. I am easing into the polling with some sports polls, as the sports posts get significantly less traffic than political posts on the Blogging Tory site. Start out small. Some of my ideas thus far for future polls are:

1) Best politician of 2000s
2) Best political accomplishment of 2000s
3) Top woman of the 2000s
4) Top man of the 2000s
5) Best movie of the 2000s
6) Biggest train wreck of the 2000s (Britney Spears, Dion, etc)
7) Political disaster of the 2000s (Dion, Kerry, Sponsorship Program, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment