Friday, December 11, 2009

Best Episode of Seinfeld

I would like to run a web poll on the best all time episode of Seinfeld. My initial nominee is "Little Jerry Seinfeld" where Kramer gets a rooster and trips into cockfighting. The episode comes complete with a Rocky montage, and this marks the first time in my life that I learned that there existed an entire subculture hard into rooster fighting. I didn't know. The funniest bit that I have ever heard on cockfighting was Jim Rome. He did this bit as complete satire, but some people actually thought he was being serious. The first time I heard this on the Team 1040 in Vancouver, I literally had to pull over to the side of the road to regain my composure. Listen!

Some of my other nominees for the Seinfeld poll:

1) The Contest

2) Little Jerry Seinfeld

3) The Abstinence

4) The Magic Loogie

5) Risk

6) George Does the Opposite

7) Is anyone here a Marine Biologist?

Your suggestions are welcome. I will launch the poll Friday night.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely it is the George Does the Opposite episode. It makes you think of all those times when you were confronted with the choices

    Lie or tell the truth
    Do what is right or what you want to do

    But the best part is to tell the guy talking behind you in the theater to shut the hell up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it, its a show about nothing, how could there ever be a best episode. Come on, a show about nothing, that's ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tough....The parking lot, and chinese restaurant are classics, but I think the Contest takes it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Library Cop, hands down. My favourite!
    ("Joy Boy!!!")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Bookman was good..

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Soup Nazi" is my pick.

    I also like the "pony" episode, where he gets into a tiff with his older cousin Manja about a pony she had growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget, "a dingo ate your baby!" (Elaine)

    Has there ever been such a perfectly peculiar cast?

    ReplyDelete