Monday, December 28, 2009

Best Political Decision of the Decade?

I ask the question, what has the best/smartest political move of the 2000s? I will be launching my poll for the worst political disaster of the 2000s shortly and would like to take some nominations for the smartest political decision. I am having a more difficult time selecting the smart political moves of the decade, as there does seem to be a preponderance of bad news, disasters, war, terrorism, etc. This will be slightly different from my worst political disaster question, this is about a person or country making a very positive political decision. I look forward to your ideas.

1) MacKay - Harper unite the right
2) Harper elected leader of united right
3) Michaelle Jean prorogues Parliament
4) Swift boat veterans expose John Kerry
5) Supreme Court overturns Gore Presidency
6) Troop surge in Iraq
7) France and Germany elect Sarkosy and Merkel
8) Israel elects Netanhyahu
9) Chretien resigns

PS My worst political disaster question is going to be more focused on individual people than acts of terrorism or natural disasters.  Both of these polls are being asked from the perspective of if you are a Conservative.  I decided to take George Bush out of the equation, because he is like cat nip for the left wing loons.

5 comments:

  1. Israel elects Netanyahu.

    Israel was floundering under Olmert. The USA needs a strong ally in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia can't be trusted.

    As for Canada, the effect of the uniting of the right makes me more optimistic about the future of Canada. I no longer feel like a stranger in my own country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As for Canada, the effect of the uniting of the right makes me more optimistic about the future of Canada. I no longer feel like a stranger in my own country."
    100% agree, WindAtMyBack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PC and Alliance Convention voters get it Right. Chretien protects his legacy by eliminating Baystreet and Union donations and delaying an inquiry into Adscam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the best political move of the decade. It is only a crime against humanity that the Governor General criminally did not allow the will of Parliament to be realized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to vote for the fact that Al Gore didn't become President. Can you even imagine.

    Radio Canada has been broadcasting a few times the last few days a report on the 'great decision' that Canada did not (supposedly) go to Iraq' and a smarmy interview by Chretien.

    That's all the Liberals have going for them in Quebec except perhaps the environment issue light.

    Anyway I find this rejoicing rather disgusting.

    ReplyDelete