Friday, December 11, 2009

Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant

I would like to take a moment to thank Ezra Levant and Mark Steyn for what they have been doing to protect freedom of speech. I believe that it is insane that they face any persecution or prosecution at all, but I am glad to have these two men fighting on behalf of something we should all care about. I hope that you succeed on this mission of yours, so that writers like me never have to go through what you went through.

On the matter of the cartoons, I always found it hypocritical that a group of extremists would threaten journalists with death and violence because they are furious that someone suggested they are violent. Way to prove them wrong. Suggest radicals are violent, and they fire bomb a church to prove you wrong? Does that make any logical sense? Do Christians fire bomb anything when South Park does the "Jesus and Friends" bit that is a spoof on Jerry Springer?

While Ezra is a fantastic writer with an agile mind, Mark Steyn is really one of my top "go to" pundits for opinion on breaking news. He absolutely fantastic on the Dennis Miller Show, and always has one the most insightful viewpoints on virtually every subject matter. Come to think of it, he would be incredible as a host of his own program. I launched a webpoll yesterday of whom you would like to see host Power and Politics on the CBC after I watched Rosemary Barton bomb as guest host. I once had a poll of who is your top go to pundit in Canada, which Charles Adler won easily. The most repetitive complaint was "where is Mark Steyn?" Whom I did not include because he does most of his work in the United States.

We will see how Adler and Steyn fare head to head. Thus far it is a dead heat.

1 comment:

  1. I would create a position for each of them as ombusdmen to the HRC that do not report to the HRC but above them directly to a minister.

    Can you imagine the fun?

    ReplyDelete