Monday, December 21, 2009

Podcasts, the voices in my head

To all of those people who will be opening up their first I-Pod on Christmas morning, or to those who already own an I-Pod and don't know all the possiblities at your fingertips; I am a huge fan of Podcasts.  It is like a radio show, except that you store it on your I-Pod and listen to it at your leisure.  Most are free to download.  My favourite Podcast is the B.S Report with Bill Simmons, followed closely by the Dennis Miller Show, Charles AdlerAdam Carolla, Laura Ingraham, CBC At Issue, and National Post Podcast.  I refer to these as "the voices in my head" because I listen to them via the miracle of headphones, just incase you didn't pick up on that already.  :)

I always listen to Podcasts when I am out in public, basically to feed information to my brain when I am not sitting at my desk.  Podcasts have replaced talk radio in my books.  The only radio shows that I still listen to anymore are Adler Online and the Roy Green Show.  I personally see Podcasts crowding Talk Radio out of existence, hence why many pundits have hedged their bets and have a radio show AND a Podcast.  The Podcast is not regulated, and you can listen to it whenever you want, pause it, fast forward, etc. 

Bill Simmons is the best, though he talks about basketball too much.

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment