Sunday, December 27, 2009

Top Commentor of 2009

I would like to take a moment to thank the people who take the time to leave comments on my blog posts.  Disagreements have ensued as a result of some comments left behind, but it more often than not makes a significant positive contribution to the narrative.  I would like to ask the people who read my blog whose comments they enjoy the most in the form of a webpoll.  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I will personally be voting for Wilson.  Wilson tends to jump in with the perfect comment at the perfect time with relative frequency.  I don't want more than 10 choices, and I have established 8 guaranteed entries.  Leaving 2 spots open.  I have a list of possible nominees, and I don't know how I am going to choose. 

I ask you who belongs on the list of ten?

Guaranteed Entries:

Wilson - Sorry ya'll, but Wilson gets my vote
Powell Lucas - Valued contributor
Canadian Sense - Solid and consistent
Dodo can Spell - Solid and a free pass for following me on Twitter
Marx-A-Million - I lost a bet
Kerry Forrest- Free pass for signing up as my follower and whom I endorse for Mayor of Renfrew
Hinchey's Store - Free pass for signing up as my follower
Patrick Ross - He excites the right people for me

Possible Entries: see 10 choose 2

Mr. Anonymous
Gimbol
Hunter
Wind at my Back
Jenn
Bec
Phantom Observer
Spin Assassin
Tripper
Alberta Girl

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy just to be nominated for this honor! I love your attitude and read you often, and comment when I feel the need. Of course, I avoid hear hears mostly, I work out my thoughts reading this blog.

    And thank you for the endorsement, it means a lot to me, and for my political future, one hopes it means a lot to others too!

    As we end the first calendar year of my blogging and reading blogs, I want to thank each and everyone of the Blogging Tories, Ice and those crafty Libblogers that ensure I keep passionate about my principles, to work hard everyday, to avoid a trip through the looking glass to the world of a Mr. Spock with a goatie.

    All the best to all of you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominate myself, and Bec, who comments on my blog too. Not that the others are undeserving but hey, who will toot my horn if I don't. Toot toot!

    Thanks for stopping by on my page too. I like your ideas and you are always welcome.
    Happy New Year/Decade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody voted for me! I will neither confirm or deny that I may possibly have voted for myself. The revolution is coming. All hail Bob Rae!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spin Assassin, you were given for than a few minutes of consideration for nomination. I enjoy your posts, but I went with Wind at my Back and Bec because they visit the most frequently. I wanted to run a poll to honour my most frequent fliers. Sadly Spin Assassin does not contribute nearly as much as I would like.

    I actually went back and looked at 30 of my most visited and commented on posts and counted how much and how often people contributed. The selection process was not entirely unscientific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And let me say people, there is no shame in losing to Wilson. Another reason that I voted for Wilson is because he also shares his comments on Liberal blogs, and does a fantastic job representing the the right side of the issue. My objective in running this poll was to confirm that Wilson is the Commentor of 2009, or see if anyone else has traction. It also allows some of my more frequent visitors to be nominated in a webpoll.

    Don't be sad if Wilson runs away with this. Everybody loves Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including me, Ice! As you may have noticed, I also live in BC. In the poll asking if you should stay put or move, I naturally voted for you to stay put. Vancouver needs outspoken conservatives who can afford the rent or mortgage payments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We forgot (real conservative) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...It's an honour just to be nominated. This is a fine group of candidates, and if all it takes make this list is to click 'follow,' then I'd gladly do it again 100 times. And no, I didn't vote for myself more than once..." (My acceptance speech for when I come from behind and blow away all the other competition!)

    And Iceman is right - Everybody loves Wilson, that lovable, huggable volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer to think of him as Dr James Wilson, the lovable teddy bear counterpart to the coarse Dr Gregory House.

    Think of it this way: at least the nurses will love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I think of myself as Tim the Toolman, and Wilson as my voice of reason.

    ReplyDelete