Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bring me your Facebook Groups!

I would like to do a few webpolls on the subject of Facebook Groups, be they real groups with real members, or ideas for groups that people who do Facebook can create. I don't do Facebook. All that copyright stuff a year ago spooked me, so I need some input from cyberspace. I would like to know some groups that actually exist and have thousands of followers, and I would like to see some requests for groups that do not yet exist. According to the CBC Facebook Groups now constitute breaking news, so let’s steer into the slide, embrace it, and run with it.

I turn the floor over to you...

5 comments:

  1. Driving for Change http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=309691435721
    Citizens for George Jackson Toyota http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?id=629456993#/group.php?gid=121213498534

    ReplyDelete
  2. But people do, and they spend more time on facebook then listen to radio or watch tv. If you want to reach them, you need to tweet, book and hope that you get their attention for a second, and when the time comes, they remember if not the message, at least the name, and how cool the person that wants to represent them is on twitter or facebook too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to guard my privacy, therefore, I don't have a Facebook, My Space or Twitter account. I do post on several blogs and forums, under pseudonyms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the time or the inclination to subscribe to these intrusive and dangerous sites. Who in their right mind thinks the boring details of their everyday lives is any great interest to the populace at large. The egos that drive people to put their limited talents on view for the world to see must be truly overwhelming. I have had acquaintances put forward my name as a "friend", usually accompanied by 10,000 pictures of their grandchildren or cutesy pets. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete