Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CBC Pink Slips and Facebook

Since the CBC is a government institution that takes tax payers money, shouldn't the government or at least the citizenry be able to interject some oversight when the network begins to shamelessly promote the agenda of a single political party? A public broadcaster should be held to a different standard than the National Post or the Toronto Pravda. I never thought that I'd say this, but I actually miss Don Newman. At least he pretended to be non partisan! Soloman and O'Malley, who have ascended to high prominence in CBC land in recent months, do not even try to hide their deep bias.

My question is who are their bosses? Who at the CBC decided that it would be a good idea to replace Newman with Soloman, and who thinks it is a good idea to keep bringing on O'Malley as their expert on internet opinion? Jesus Christ, she has even become a self acclaimed expert in constitutional law! I would like to see the Ministry of Heritage issue some pink slips in the upper echelons of CBC bureaucracy. I don’t care if you have to eat a few golden parachutes, if someone is not good at their job, they should be set free.

I don't do Facebook for copyright purposes (they seek ownership of anything I type), but I can't imagine it takes a whole lot of work to get people to click to join a group. I would be interested to see some of the loonier Facebook groups that got at least 30, 000 members. Perhaps one of my visitors who Facebooks can tell me some silly groups whose membership is greater than 30Gs. Also, how many registered members are there from the LPC and NDP? If all registered Liberals and New Democrats just reflexively join a group, how many would there be?

I feel as though I need to follow up on this Facebook theme, since the number of people who chose a group is now a major breaking news story on the CBC...I have some ideas...Feedback welcomed!  I should do a webpoll of the most ridiculous Facebook group with 30,000 subscribers.  Also, I just read on Blue Like You that a total of 31,000 people donated money to either the LPC or NDP in the 3rd quarter of 2009.

6 comments:

  1. Here's one

    Shorts and Uggs - You don't look hot, you look like a weather confused Slut

    87,825 members

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to encourage some of your guests to join one of my Facebook Groups. Thus far I have:

    Lazy People 4 Government Handouts

    Marxists Against Free Enterprise

    Lazy People Against Working For A Living

    Bored People 4 Being Angry About Something

    Party Members 4 Doing What They're Told

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or how about

    " Look - a Bandaid" with over 83,000 members

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely on the right track, I think what we need to do is start a petition asking for the removal of these paritsan hacks from the broadcasts that we, as taxpayers, are funding.

    As you note in your post, they do not even attempt to mask their obvious dislike for all things Conservative.

    Time for the owners to do a little house cleaning.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knowing some of these opposition members, and how low the Liberal and Green Parties will go. I wonder how many of these facebook accounts are active and not just made up to join this group. Also how many of these accounts are owned by Canadians. Lets face it, all you need is a email address to have a Facebook account and I know of people of having 4-5 accounts. We also know how eager little beavers some Green and Liberal members are, and how they like to fudge the figures. Then there's the question is how many of these accounts are registered to CBC email addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bias at the CBC is becoming more pronounced every day. Yesterday I watched a portion of Soloman's show just for the laughs. Today I turned it on for, perhaps, two minutes but couldn't stand anymore. If I want Liberal propaganda, I'll go to their website. As for O'Malley: why not get someone less biased against the Conservatives; like Heather Mallick, or Hedy Fry.

    ReplyDelete