Thursday, January 7, 2010

Iggy Speech Writing With Madlibs?

As a youth, I loved Madlibs. There would be an essay littered with fill in the blanks for adjectives, pronouns, verbs, etc. I imagine the Mike Ignatieff speech writing process follows a similar process. Speech writer does a standard press release with the standard talking points, but they leave blanks for Iggy to fill with superlative fluff. Iggy is then allowed to Madlib his own public statements with his own special imprint of hyperbolic bullshit. I would encourage the Madlibs organization to take a list of Ignatieff speeches, and make a new Canadian release of a Madlib publication. I promise that I will promote it on my website and personally buy a copy. In fact, I will buy multiple copies and hand them out as Christmas gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment