Sunday, January 10, 2010

My First Tweets From Kady O'Malley

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that at long last I have been Tweeted by the self ascribed Queen of the Internets Kady O'Malley and I can now scratch that distinction off of my "bucket list". I tend to use Twitter to make short jokes about what other people are Tweeting. People allege that there is an audience there, though as best I can tell the loudest advocates for the awesomeness of Twitter are the people who do it as a business.

I figure there is no harm in writing a few Tweets in a day, since according to polls 17% of the visitors to my webpage have Twitter accounts (by comparison 28% of my audience would prefer it if I were dead, which makes you wonder why they keep coming back). Since I link my Twitter feed onto my webpage, my visitors can read my Tweets without signing up for Twitter.  I had to delete Rosemary Barton from my Twitter list though, because her Twitter addiction is out of control. Anytime I would log in, my homepage would be filled up with Rosie Tweets. For anyone that doesn't know, if you click to follow someone, all their Tweets show up on your Twitter homepage. I had to stop following Rosie.

Today I responded to a Tweet by Kady O'Malley, which elicited a response.

kady: see, i could totally be a hyperbolizing political ad copywriter!

pragmatictory: @kady Here I thought that you were already in the business of writing hyperbolic ads for the LPC in your blog posts?

kady: @pragmatictory hey, don't feel bad about being wrong -- it happens to everyone.

kady: @pragmatictory maybe next time, you'll think before you jump to conclusions.

pragmatictory: @kady Say, have you heard the latest that Laura did not name the child Megatron? That despite the 100,000 strong grassroots movement...

(End transmission)

 I know that's not very exciting, but it is Sunday and there wasn't a whole lot else to write about!  My post about hockey fans with giant lasers will have to wait until morning...

4 comments:

  1. that fucking leprechaun will get hers in the end.
    She'll be a Mallick before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. relax, step away from the keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I knew it! Stupid Laura... follow through on your commitments. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete