Monday, January 11, 2010

Palin joins Fox News

I would like to extend my best wishes to Sarah Palin in her new endeavour on Fox News. This is a fantastic move for her, I think that she will be great at her new job, and I just hope she stays there for at least 3 years. Whoever is printing up all those Palin 2012 T-shirts, step away from the T-shirt machine, and walk away. Maybe we can get some Palin 2020 T-shirts made instead?

I am not opposed to Palin ever being President, just not in 2012. Sarah needs to accumulate relevant experience.  I think a female Presidency is long overdue, or at the very least a Vice Presidency. When McCain first chose Palin, I was excited. By the end of the campaign, any appetite that I may have had for Sarah Palin on a Presidential ticket was gone with the wind.  Surely this cannot be the best candidate that the gender has to offer? Was it fair what people like Bill Maher did to her? Absolutely not. The speculation about the baby was insane, and the attacks certainly passed the point of reasonable professionalism.  She is a nice lady and I enjoy watching her on television.  I just hope she passes on a 2012 run for the Republican nomination.

Rudy 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Iceman, this was a good & classy posting. When you first posted your opinions about Sarah Palin I thought you were being unfair and cruel. I'm glad you clarified your position. I agree with your points.

    I think SP would make a good president but 2012 is too soon.

    Her move to Fox news is terrific. She can launch excellent attacks on the left from that venue.

    There are far too many "ruling elite" types in politics in both parties. They are light years removed from the ideals and concerns of the average working American. Sarah Palin has a greater understanding of what the regular American feels and can bring that understanding to the Oval office but she needs to resist the urge to be flattered into jumping into a position before she's ready.

    .....and Bill Maher? He's a mouthy, skinny, little 82-pound-weakling, smart assed weasel and I'd love to see Sarah Palin punch the shit out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OT, but the truth video is up a Climbing out of the Dark and Just Politics.

    ReplyDelete