Saturday, February 6, 2010

My heart goes out to Brian Burke

I would like to extend my best wishes to Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke who just lost his youngest son in a car accident. It was a terrible tragedy and I hope that the Burke family is able to find some solace in this dark hour. For the first time in a long time, I wish the Maple Leaf franchise the best of luck. I have been an advocate of Brian Burke since the days he was cast away unfairly from the Vancouver Canucks, eventually bringing a championship to the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. It is not often that I look up to the sky and say a few words, but I did so a few times today. It seems as though Feb 5th 2010 was a day for bad news, and one that will go down in history with infamy.

Brian, I wish you all the best.

1 comment:

  1. My condolences to Brian Burke and his family. It is not easy to accept the demise of your own child. God rest his soul.

    ReplyDelete