Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Signs of the Apocalypse

Tonight I ask the question, what would be the strongest possible signal that the apocalypse is nigh? One political appointment that if you saw it, you'd soon be convinced that the world may be coming to an end. For example if Bob Rae became Minister of Finance, that is the kind of tragic incident where everyone would remember where they were when it happened. I could only imagine the horror and desperation that I would feel if Jack Layton were ever named to cabinet.

If you would like to make suggestions for nominations for my next poll question, I am leaning towards; "in the event that the Liberals, the NDP, and the Bloc were to merge into a single federal party, what would you expect its new name to be?" Tonight Gimbol suggested "if they united I always thought they could be called the Liberal Separatist Democratic Party, or LSD for short." I like that idea, and I would like suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. How com I can only pick one choice in the poll? They're all bad!

    New Kids on Da Bloc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. How about you get a job as a writer for Corner Gas?
    If the three stooges ever form a govt. I will migrate out of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strongest sign of a pending apocalypse is Ignatieff being elected PM because he will likely appoint these clowns to his cabinet just the way they are listed.

    Rob C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, you left one out:

    when Canadian Cynic starts singing praises for conservatism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iceman, that is the scariest poll you've every had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LiberalNDP block party.
    now that sounds like fun
    hope they serve food and play road hockey!

    as for the poll Rob C has it right
    ottawa

    ReplyDelete