Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Stoning of Ann Coulter

I own books by Ann Coulter. She has made me laugh out loud, she has made me think, and she has provoked disagreement. It is fine when Chris Rock proclaims George Bush the first retarded President, okay when Janine Garafoolo states that anyone opposed to Obama has to be a racist, but Ann Coulter is hate speech? Her speaking event at the University of Ottawa was cancelled because hundreds of hooligans showed up making threats of violence and pulling fire alarms?  This is nuts! Even though I know she uses a lot of satire and says things that I profoundly disagree with, I still bought my mother "How to talk to a Liberal" for Christmas.

If it is Islam specifically that we need to touch with kid gloves, I did once watch Russell Peters on stage saying "I don't do any Arab jokes in my act. It's not that I don't think you're funny, I think you're hilarious. You know what it is, I don't want to die." Implying that he will be killed for making humour about their people.  The left wingers who aggressively lined up to protest her speech need to grow up. I don't take Stewart or Colbert literally, they do what they do to increase viewership and make money. Coulter is no different. Step off your hypocritical stools and allow freedom of speech. I'm sure Ann Coulter while complaining and playing the victim card, as to be happy on the inside. I would be interested to see just how big a spike in book sales she has received from this publicity.

Stick it to the lefties, click on one of the links below and buy an Ann Coulter book. If Democrats had any brains, they'd be Republicans is my personal favourite, and how to talk to a Liberal is what I bought my mother for Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, her message is a right to we should protect. Russel Peter FTW! I included a clip somebody going to get a hurt, in my first video.

    Her right to say funny or provocative things should be protected. Same with Michael Moore, David Suzuki.

    Everyone is entitled to make money from saying silly things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it already. She could have gone on that night, she could have rescheduled. But, no. No-one is happier than Ms Coulter herself that there was a protest at UofO.

    I don't take Stewart or Colbert literally, they do what they do to increase viewership and make money. Coulter is no different.

    Yes there's a difference. Coulter LIES (not lays, lies). Her schtick is to inflame, and she won't let facts get in the way of a cheap laff.

    As an 'entertainer', she's not even good enough for Comedy Channel.

    ReplyDelete