Saturday, April 24, 2010

Are You Racist?

Happy Saturday everyone! This afternoon's poll question is; are you racist? Evidently Canadian polling firms do track this sort of subjective stereotyping, and can empirically prove that the Conservative party is a "haven" for racists, homophobes, and xenophobes. A "haven" is defined as "shelter from pursuit or danger", which suggests that not only are we racist but we protect other racists from persecution. And yes, allegedly Frank Graves can prove this claim empirically. I would like to see his data, and the exact wording of the question being asked. Who commissioned that poll? It would be an interesting circumstance if the CBC asked Graves to poll if Tories are racists.

I just got home from playing a round of golf with my friends, who all happen to be racial minorities. I appologize to Conservatives everywhere that I count people from other races among my best friends. I hope that I don't lose all my readers now that I have disclosed this information. I spend all my time ridiculing the colour of my buddy's Leafs jersey, not the colour of his skin. It is one thing to say that there are a small minority of racists among the right wing, it is entirely another to say the right is a "haven" and that I as a Conservative somehow condone if not propogate biggotry.

Thanks Frank!

"I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I HATE people like that!"

-Tom Lehrer

13 comments:

  1. The_Iceman;

    I to must confess, today I just completed the Firearm Safety Course. Great course, very informative and we had a blast. There were Canadians that are descended from Europeans, Africans, Asians and North Americans First Nations, Male and Female. No one really knew each other at the beginning of the course, things were quiet early on. By the end of the course we had quit the social event going on, lots of laughs and teasing going on, like we knew each other forever. I am Conservative Mr. Graves, put that in your pipe and smoke it. I expect there will be more confessions in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poll that proves empirically that there are the racists, etc.. in the conservative party
    will prove the racists, etc.. are in every party
    also the people polled can be carefully chosen
    polls mean nothing and are divisive and a waste of our taxpayer dollars

    fh

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A 'haven' is defined as 'shelter from pursuit or danger'? I've never seen that definition, though a Google search indicates that it may have come from something called wordswarm.net.

    Me? I always rely on the OED, which defines "haven" as "a harbour or port" or "a place of refuge".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your semantic interest Brian. I love nothing more than debating personal interpretations of the meanings of words. My source was my Little Oxford Dictionary, which is an older edition. It was a gift from a close family member some years ago. Would you have preferred I use Wikipedia?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well considering the alternatives of hectoring lecturing haranguing and being pestilent busybodies (Liberal) or letting a loon suffer his own delusions (Conservative) I guess Conservatism tends to be a haven for racist, kooks and goofs of all stripes. Not that Liberals don't have their own set of loons, kooks, racists etc its just that the Liberal loons, kooks and racists serve a Liberal goal and so get away with their lunacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As hard as it is for the Liberal mindset to conceive, there walks among us people who do not believe what they believe. They attempt to define, poll from a very shallow pool, with cleverly worded questions which are themselves questionable. Still their words do not inspire or motivate, except to move the Conservatives ever closer to a majority, keep talking Mr Graves Miky Zero is still "slidin' south" when he gets to Harvard he can apply for a job.
    Cheers Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Liberals:

    I like my socks,undies,t-s and sheets whiter than white..

    Am I a racist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2010/03/26/chris-selley-legislating-xenophobia.aspx

    Examine the history, struggles in Quebec regarding language and culture.
    Is English, other languages equal or being eliminated?
    Who did the Bloc leader blame for losing Refrendum?
    Look at their support for the Mission compared to other provinces.
    http://www.visioncritical.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/2010.04.21_AfghanCAN.pdf
    Page 6 of 9* Taliban victory, Nato defeat also Quebec is 75% against mission.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dose having no use or respect for people who use their ethnicity to gain unfair advantages in this country constitute a racist???

    Rob C

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only racists are the people who keep looking in every nook and cranny for racism. They do so because they feel guilt for their racist thoughts and so try to prove that everyone else is the racist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The true test of this Grave strategy is if the liberals purge their party of the blu-lib faction?
    Will iggy allow profiling in his party to test which of his MP's are pur laine?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tommy Douglas Masters Thesis supporting Eugenics
    Religion Christian Baptist
    do we see cracks in the NDP?

    fh

    ReplyDelete
  13. how many people who use the word racist can actually define what it means? my guess is one in 10,000 (zero for left wingers) before one uses the word maybee they should know what the hell they are talking about first

    ReplyDelete