Thursday, April 29, 2010

"It's Rahim Here"

I am curious, what is the penalty for lobbying government as an unregistered lobbyist? What is the penalty for lying in committee testimony? I ask because the National Post has obtained several e-mails from Rahim Jaffer that clearly show he was lobbying despite denying he did. Many of these e-mail's were from his wife's parliamentary account, which he'd sign with "it's Rahim here".

If he violated the law, Rahim should be subject to some form of punitive action. I feel sorry for Helena Guergis, and wonder if she's had some sober second thoughts about her choice of husband. I don't trust this Gillani guy, but if Rahim had the bad sense to get into business with him, then he will reap what he sewed. It is great that all government Ministers are disclosing all their information regarding the last 16 months of Rahim's alleged lobbying career.

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, I thought there actually MAY BE some of these e-mails. Usually when something like this is reported on rather than editorialized (gee, novel idea) there would be some back up proof.
    See the e-mails, show the e-mails...

    I'm in the, PROVE IT camp but it appears that just by saying it for some people, makes it true.
    You'd think that RJ would be aware that this would surface and quickly. I don't know, something is just wierd with all of this, I think.

    ReplyDelete