Monday, April 19, 2010

Maxime Bernier Coup D'État?

Why is it that within moments of Jean Charest's sudden catastrophic collapse in his poll numbers, pundits were speculating that Maxime Bernier was preparing to overthrow him? Some Conservative bloggers pleaded with the Prime Minister to give him a cabinet post before we lose him to Quebec provincial politics. Doesn't Charest have 3 years left on his majority term? Dalton McGuinty set the precedence that if your support is to dip into single digits, best do it in year one, spend the next 3 years pretending that you did nothing wrong and soon you are cruising to re-election. I think proclaiming Maxime to be the successor to Charest may be a tad premature.

I am a fan of Maxime Bernier. I am on the record saying that I believe he should be in cabinet, and there is much about the man I respect. After that whole drama with his ex-girlfriend, he went back to his constituents and asked them for another term and he defeated his nearest competitor 31,883 to 7,143. After all the sensationalized hoopla, the people who know him the best, the people he represents, sent him back to parliament with 62% of the vote. I think he would make an excellent Quebec Lieutenant and I would like to see him challenge the policies of Jean Charest. I would just prefer if he did so from federal cabinet.

3 comments:

  1. Maxime rocks. Who doesn't have an evil ex lurking somewhere. How do we know she didn't swipe the documents for blackmail or celebrity anyway?

    Did anyone seriously think He could walk into the premiers office just like that? I think people were speculating about after an election 3 years out.

    I'm interested to see what populist rabbit Charest will try to pull out next? It probably won't work but my guess is its going to be more oil sands slander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I advise if anyone wants a pick me up, watch Power Play tonight with Jane Taber. Retired Major General Lewis Mackenzie puts it to the lawyer that's working for that Afghan Translator/Opposition party. I was as hyped-up as I was when Crosby scored the last goal against USA. Take it from a ex-military person, it made me proud. The Lawyer is a piece of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, BlueDog. I was so impressed with the General's takedown of Attaran that I phoned my son to tell him to turn on his TV for that portion of the Power Play replay. I can never stand to watch that farce of a program for the whole hour but today General Mackenzie's masterful handling of that pos compelled me to watch it again. Bravo, Sir! That's the way it's done!

    ReplyDelete