Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Montreal's Halak Channeling Hasek?

Montreal Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak put on one of the most unbelievable goaltending performances that I have seen in the NHL in a long time as the Habs pushed the mighty Washington Capitals to a 7th and deciding game. If Montreal is able to win the next game, they will be included in that rare pantheon of teams that barely made the playoffs and knocked off the 1st place team in the first round. My buddy has vowed to burn a Canadiens jersey in his driveway if the Habs win, because he has 6 Capitals in his playoff pool.

In other playoff news, is anyone in Vancouver still calling the Sedin twins the "sisters"? I haven't heard it in some time. My favoured franchise, the Detroit Red Wings will play a game 7 against Phoenix. Even if they lose, I draw solace from 4 Stanley Cup victories since the last time they missed the playoffs. Win or lose, you can't take that away from me! And for the record, I started cheering for the Wings when I was a small child, back when they sucked. I didn't jump on no stinking bandwagon!

2 comments:

  1. Iceman,the "Sedin Sisters" was the name given them by Neil McRae of CKNW radio fame,and for the first few years,it fit them to a "T".
    I had given up on them ever developing into quality NHL players.

    I was wrong.

    Washington will beat Montreal 6-4,to take the series. Unless,of course,I'm wrong,in which case they won't. I'd bet you a pint of beer, but it's too far to travel to collect it!

    I'll take Detroit over Phoenix.

    DMorris

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol did th "Sedin sisters" participate in boob quake?

    Don Cherry, Harold Ballard moment.

    Must be part of the intolerant left to reduce earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete