Friday, April 9, 2010

Tiger flies like an Eagle!

Through his first two days of competition since the destruction of his marriage and personal life, Tiger is sitting tied for third place, just two strokes back of the leader. Canadian Mike Weir is in 15th place, seven strokes behind. In the first round yesterday, Tiger Woods shot two eagles in one round; something few golfers will ever achieve at any point in their careers, let alone at the biggest tournament of the year after a prolonged absence amid personal upheaval. I am cheering for a Mickelson/Woods pairing on Sunday, as it is always must see TV when these two heated rivals have to play with each other. I am also a big fan of the mullet that Lefty is sporting to start the season. It would be nice to see Tiger have an epic meltdown on Sunday. Perhaps that could take some media attention away from Helena.

In my entire career, I have one eagle, and that was a hole in one on a par 3. Tiger had two in one round on one of the most challenging courses in the world. And for the record, I am not writing about Tiger to jump on a TMZ media bandwagon, but rather because I am a golf fanatic who played over 2000 holes last season. My goal this season is to break 100 in a round of par 72. I will on occasion blog about golf, and the most read post I wrote last season was a spooky incident at the start of a round played on Friday the 13th which I named The Nightmare at Northlands.

2 comments:

  1. You played over 100 rounds?? And you have a current daily blog?? You took over 11,000 golf shots in one year...man, you are a die hard!
    As a 5 handicap who was once a 30 do yourself a favour and take 3 lessons from a teaching pro, you probably play with a slice already so learning a high soft fade shouldnt be hard, only take your wedge and an 8 iron to the range, and, 30 minutes before every round practise chipping and putting like its important. That will get you to 90 easily and probably into the high 80's by years end. Man, what do you do...get up at 5am..post on your blog then play 18? Thats impressive. billg

    ReplyDelete
  2. On days that I'm golfing, I pre-write my posts and time release them during the day. I have already had lesson from a pro, and yes my friends and I are hardcore. Most holes played in one day last summer 72. There are a few places where you can play all day for cheap. We will show up at sunrise and leave at sunset.

    ReplyDelete