Monday, May 10, 2010

National Post: "Get busy living, or get busy dying"

I am pleased to see that the National Post has been purchased and that they will live to write another day. I think some of the people who write for them are boneheads, but the same can be said of any newspaper. I remember back when the Toronto Star bought a big ownership stake in the Globe and Mail, I became immediately concerned and started buying the Post instead. Look what has happened to the Globe and Mail in the last few years since Torstar bought into their management. It has been a slow but steady downward spiral, with Jane Taber at the center of the vortex.

I personally stopped buying the National Post because I don't want my money to pay two of their writers, but I do make a point to frequently direct people to articles on their website because it is my number one source for online news. I am a big fan of McParland, Ivison, Gunter, and some of their financial writers. We basically have 2 National newspapers in this country, and I shudder to think if the Post should fall, the Globe shall sell more copies. Yikes.

4 comments:

  1. I was happy to hear that news as well. With Shaw taking over the TV channels, the lefties have lost both rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice

    The dead tree media is...dead.

    Syncro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should also say that I am a big fan of Matt Gurney and Rex Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subscribe to the National Post and am Thankful for the world of common sense provided.

    ReplyDelete