Friday, June 25, 2010

Free Conrad!

Personally I don't believe that Conrad Black belongs in a federal penitentiary. I don't believe that he represents a threat to society, and I was pleased to see the Supreme Court rule that the prosecution erred in its interpretation of the law. Thus far it would appear that 75% of you agree with me. From what I understand they didn't free Conrad Black yesterday, they just decided that the prosecutor misinterpreted the law and the lower court was wrong to agree with that definition. I respect his work with the National Post, though I'd probably recommend as one of the terms of his release (assuming he is released); be that he not be allowed to run a company. Other than that, he has already paid a substantial price for whatever wrong doing he might have done and I would have no objections to his moving in next door (though I'm assuming he could afford a much nicer place than the house next to mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment