Friday, July 9, 2010

Angels & Demons

I just finished watching the film Angels and Demons, and I must say that I was very entertained. I thought that this film was far better than the Davinci Code and that Tom Hanks was fantastic. Chasing down historical and architectural clues to solve a complex mystery is always quality entertainment. If you are a Catholic, you should find Angels and Demons less offensive than the Davinci Code, though depending on your level of devotion you may not want to watch either. To author Dan Brown I would say that your common theme of having the Catholic Church employ super thugs to attack itself is getting tired.

I read the Davinci Code and loved the book, but not the film (which I saw after reading the book). I have not read the book Angels and Demons, but I very much enjoyed the movie. Ron Howard is an excellent director, and I can't remember the last time he made a bad movie (EdTV notwithstanding).

I give Angels & Demons a solid B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment