Friday, July 9, 2010

Bob Probert, Rest In Peace

Today marked the funeral for Bob Probert, who is among my top 10 favourite hockey players of all time. This man is one of the reasons that I am a Red Wings fan (having grown up in Northern Ontario, not Detroit), and I am very saddened by his passing. I haven't been this choked up since we lost Steve Irwin. Probert fought hundreds of fights against the top ranked contenders, and still found the time to score 163 career goals. What percentage of players who play a single NHL game will go on to score at least 163 goals? Two percent? Probert was much more than a goon, as he brought value with his gloves attached to his hands. When I was 9 years old, I stood in an elevator with Bob Probert. He was happy to sign an autograph and I was awestruck.

This begs the question, how would you rank the all-time hockey list for hockey tough guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment