Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Clash Of The Titans

Last night I watched the movie Clash of the Titans, a release that I have been eagerly anticipating as a fan of Greek mythology. I find that in this genre my opinion differs from the mainstream critics, as I really enjoyed the movie Troy; but apparently a lot of people did not share my enthusiasm. Clash of the Titans was a solid C+, but not what I would call a memorable film. The special effects help enhance what is otherwise mediocre entertainment. That being said, there are so many bad movies being released these days such that this ranks higher relative to the competition. It likely ranks as Liam Neeson's worst acting performance, though none of the cast really stole the show. If you enjoy the Greek mythology fantasy tales, or you just enjoy watching superb special effects, it is worth watching.

2 comments:

  1. I feel much the same way as you on this. Love the mythology aspect, and I could really care less what critics say about a film. They panned StarWars when it first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Greco-Roman_mythology

    Several movies are missing from the wiki page but here is a short list below you might like.

    Ulysses (1955 film) Helen of Troy 1956 and The Odyssey 1997 (3 hour DVD)

    They may be very difficult to find. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete