Friday, July 9, 2010

Ignatieff Poetry Jam

Sometimes when I'm bored, I will write a poem. I decided to write a short poem about Liberal leader Mike Ignatieff to help fill the void of the summer time lull. Are there many Canadians writing political poetry these days? Perhaps I can corner the market?

There's a politician who is named Mike,
His unpopularity we are seeing spike.
Soon he'll be departing on a bus,
His ouster should cause little fuss.

He's a scholar obsessed with his family story,
Their departure from Russia it was very gory.
His grand daddy helped collapse the Czar,
Spreading Communism near and far.

With Canadians he is out of touch,
His policies are out to lunch.
Job approval scattered sparsely,
As he's fumbling to lead his party.

He'd better glance over his shoulder,
As Bobby Rae is growing bolder.
Heed my words as I ain't punning,
The Bolsheviks they are a coming.

Has he ever had a real job,
Other than being an elitist snob?

3 comments:

  1. lol, end it with

    "I think I have relieved my summer lull of an itch,

    by exposing Mike, that snobby Bit*h"

    Seriously, just kidding. I like Iggy, he's great for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberals are lovely bunch of coconuts.

    It is funny how they refuse to bring the minority government in check for fear of an election.

    How long have Liberals spent not showing up for work to vote against the CPC agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corner the market?
    I'd say that you're very late
    To this sort of form.

    That's because I've written
    Commentary in "haiku"
    Which is just my norm

    Whenever I "tweet"
    Depending on my whimsy
    In the eventide

    Political odes
    Are my special stock-in-trade
    On my Twitter side.

    ReplyDelete