Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Funniest Show On Television

Today's poll question, what do you think is the funniest show on television? There are plenty of options to choose from; My Name is Earl, South Park, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Saturday Night Live, Everybody Hates Chris, Modern Family, Family Guy, The Office, 30 Rock, Wipeout, Glee, The Simpsons, American Dad, or none of the above. I was looking for shows that are still making new episodes. For me it is really a coin toss between South Park and My Name Is Earl.

I suppose that I could have included the Daily Show and Colbert Report, but I decided to cut it off at 15 shows.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy the Big Bang Theory and the new series with Shatner.$#*! My Dad Says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modern comedy shows have one thing in common;they aren't funny. Some shows have the odd mild chuckle,but the writing and editing shows a disconnect with reality in that everything gets a canned "laugh",sometimes even the "straight line".

    Today's TV show producers are so desperate to have a hit,they flog a concept that lacks holding power,and I become bored of the show by third viewing,and turn it off.

    The last comedy show I enjoyed was "Seinfeld",the show was FUNNY! The characters were based on real characters from Jerry Seinfeld's life,and were not total constructs of some writer's imagination,maybe that's why it was so successful.

    Dmorris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory...the rest are a waste of my time...I would rather read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without a doubt the funniest show on t.v.is The Good Guys,Fox at 10pm on Fridays.I could live with only one station if it was possible and that would be Fox

    ReplyDelete