Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't Touch My Junk

In a month I am going to be flying to and from the United States for Christmas, and as I understand it I will be getting a very personal pat down from airport security. It has created a "don't touch my junk" movement among the civilian population who don't want their private parts touched by security, prompting more people to drive to their holiday destinations. The full body clothesless scanners are one thing, but why both? I don't mind going through a full body clothesless scanner in the name of security, but I am not cool with another dude touching my junk.

I'm sure there are lots of men out there who would not have a problem with a female guard performing their pat down, but uncomfortable with another male performing the duty. Globally men spend many billions of dollars to have women touch their junk. That being said, you can't very well force a female guard to perform very personal patdowns on male passengers. My preference is that we have a machine that we walk through which can detect any instrument of harm, because I'm wondering how much farther I can be pushed before I just don't want to fly anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Iceman, I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm working in Korea now, but I'll be visiting family in Washington State for Christmas with a very short connection time in Japan to get there. I am not looking forward to the airport security experience heading to the USA.

    While I've never had a problem going between Korea and Canada, It'll probably be the last time I visit the USA again for a long time unless the pat downs stop, a safe scanner is in use for detecting explosive materials and John Pistole is prosecuted for masterminding the mass sexual assault of Americans.

    Somewhere, terrorists are laughing at US officials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want my junk touched by a male guard, but it's a little (literally) inconvenience, hopefully taking away the risk of my children's plane getting blown up by some Islamic extremist cock sucker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing is ridiculous. They're hunting the wrong thing.
    http://wdfyfe.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/go-ahead-touch-my-junk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until such a time as Governments worldwide stop pandering to the politically correct ideology and start profiling the right people, what can be done otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "what can be done otherwise? "

    Don't fly if you can possibly take another form of transport. If airline travel drops by a good percentage,they'll get the message a lot more loud and clear than doing anything else.

    ReplyDelete