Monday, November 29, 2010

Good Luck Julian Fantino

On this day of federal byelections, I would like to offer my best wishes to Conservative candidate Julian Fantino in Vaughan. I lived next door in Guelph for 6 years, and I support Mr Fantino's bid to join federal politics. Don Cherry is all the character witness that I require to decide that this is a worthy representative. The Don is not as dumb as some people make him out to be. This is supposed to be a safe Liberal seat, so Fantino is fighting an uphill battle. Statistically speaking, given the Liberal margin of victory in the last general election, the Tories should have no better than a 5% chance of winning this riding.

And I blame Dalton McGuinty for the policy errors in the Caledonia Crisis. Many of you agree with me. Should provincial governments set policy for its provincial police force? Maybe that should be a poll question? In Ontario, the government issues orders to the OPP. That's the law.

4 comments:

  1. Alright Iceman I have two problems with this post:
    1) "Don Cherry is all the character witness that I require to decide that this is a worthy representative."
    Are you serious?!! You would follow Don Cherry's lead without an other consideration?? That's unfortunate. The man was a hockey coach that has had a spot on Hockey Night in Canada for over 25 years. This does not make him qualified to pick my or any Member of Parliament. He is entitled to his opinion and his own vote, but that is it!
    2) "Statistically speaking, given the Liberal margin of victory in the last general election, the Tories should have no better than a 5% chance of winning this riding." I am currently studying Economics and Math in university and since you have a similar background, could you explain how you came up with this 5% chance figure? I just want to make sure that you didn't just make this up to support your argument. BTW this has been the third or fourth time I've asked for clarification about some facts displayed in your posts, but I have yet to receive an answer for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Guelph isn't really 'next door' to Vaughan. In any event, good luck as well to Mr. Fantino tonight. I feel sorry that a dedicated public servant had to subject himself to Liberal insults for the past month just to get a chance to serve the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still waiting for a reply Iceman and I will continue to check in until you give me one or until you admit that you pulled the fact out of thin air.

    ReplyDelete