Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sign Me Up For Sun TV News

I am happy to see that Sun TV has been granted an operating license by the CRTC and will now be going ahead with a 24 hour news broadcast in March. When it becomes available, I plan to subscribe. Today's poll question; do you intend to subscribe to Sun TV News? I'm sure some of you would like to have it, but can't necessarily afford to buy an expanded cable package. They were unlikely to ever win must carry status out of starting block, where many believe that CBC Newsworld and CTV Newsnet should not be must carry either. But when they didn't get it, the media establishment cheered it as a major defeat for "Fox News North".

I have always said, "if you build it, they will come". Launch a product, and build a subscriber base. You don't need to force the whole country to buy it on its first day of operation. The best asset that Sun TV has signed, the Boss of Talk, Charles Adler; a man I would pay to watch.

7 comments:

  1. I would expect SUN TV NEWS would be bundled with other 24 hour news channels, which many Canadians have already subscribed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a gap toothed hayseed, my New Year’s resolution is to cut back on beer and popcorn, guns and bibles and with the savings subscribe to Sun TV. The progressives are correct, the pen is mightier than the sword and that is why they fear a little Sun on the issues of the day.

    nomdeblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just called my TV station to make sure they will be carrying Sun TV. If not - I will change providers until I find one that does. Can't wait to finally get rid of all the liberal hacks - Tabor/Galloway/Travers and Oliver once and for all. I never watch Question Period any more Jane is so liberal bias, her eyes are red....Evan Soloman is almost as bad.....bye, bye Peter Mansbridge with all your conservative slurs - and liberal bias....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The downside of the Category 2 license for SunTV is not being able to expose the bias, hypocrisy and half-truths peddled by the MSM to the casual politics follower. The upside is that the right will have an opportunity to discuss, debate, and organize seemingly behind closed doors on a national level.

    Will I purchase SunTV? Not until I find out what forum Kinsella will be given. I won't watch SunTV knowing that a single penny of my hard-earned money is going into the pocket of that balding, talentless, teenager ... but that's just my opinion. I already pay for him and his ilk on the CBC, I wouldn't willingly pay twice to hear the same tired goofy rantings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to get the channel and keep it so long as its entertaining. Unlike, Frank, above, I welcome progressive voices on the channel so long as they do not dominate as they do on CTV News. Bring on the debates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. iPolitics
    Posted on Fri, Nov 26, 2010, 5:21 pm
    by Sonya Bell



    With the CRTC making major changes to its licencing terms next year, Sun TV might be entering the market at just the right time.

    As of September 2011, no news networks will fall into the must-carry licence category. This means cable companies may decide to offer a package deal of news channels, possibly including Sun TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if they promote CBC and CTV over fox we should flood the crtc with complaints like never before.

    ReplyDelete