Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Normally I would use this opportunity to brag about the unparalleled awesomeness of my own father, but today I'd like to send a proud shout out to all fathers. I love my dad. He has been a tremendous caregiver for my entire life, and I could not have been blessed with a better role model. But for all the praise and respect that my own father has earned, every father who participates positively in the lives of their children and go to great lengths to ensure their future success is abundantly deserving of praise and accolades. To all the deadbeats who knocked a girl up and walked away from future responsibility, f**k you. May karma bring you a shitty father's day. Simply busting a nut does not give you any honourable distinction.

I was blessed with a father who has done everything he could to improve the quality of my life and I thank the eye in the sky for being born to such a dedicated man. Dad, I love you, and I owe everything I am to you.

3 comments:

  1. That was nicely said Ice.

    Have a great day with your Dad and your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah,the "old man" passed on many years ago. I wish he'd lived to see some of the technological innovations extant today,he always loved new inventions.

    I miss his entire generation as they grow old and die off,the world will be a sorrier palce without them.
    Happy Father's day to all the guys who care about their kids.

    ReplyDelete